In our 2012 outlook report, we held our forecast of Nigeria ’s GDP growth at 7.5% on anticipated strong growth in the non-oil sector. True to our forecast, incoming economic data remained broadly consistent with our 2012 forecast, and the effects of growth in the non-oil sectors continue to offset decrease in crude oil production and associated gas components.
1. The Outlook in Brief:
2. Global Economy—Risks remain, amidst slow recovery
3. Domestic Economy—Little change in the growth outlook for 2012
4. Equities—Double digits returns in 2012
5. Fixed Income—Yields likely to remain biased upwards
6. Credits—Prudential frameworks to drive credits towards bullish outlook
7. Foreign Exchange—Little respite in sight for the Naira