Abbey Building Society Plc announces board resolutions
Category: Investors NewsBeat
June 27, 2012
The Company has notified The Exchange of the Resolutions passed at their Annual General Meeting held at the Oakwood Hall, Protea Hotel, Lekki Expressway, Lekki Peninsula, Lagos on Wednesday, June 20th, 2012.
1. That the Balance Sheet as at 31st December, 2011 and the Profit and Loss Account for the year ended on that date together with the report of the Directors, Auditors and Audit Committee thereon be and are hereby received and adopted.
2. That Chief Rufus Olashoju and Mr. Khaled Ben Jilani being retiring Directors who have offered themselves for re-election and Messrs Ruben Michael and Maurice Okoli having been recommended by the Board of Directors be and are hereby re-elected/elected.
3. That the Directors be and are hereby authorized to fix the remuneration and expenses of the Auditors for the year ending 31st December, 2012.
4. That the following persons have been validly elected/appointed shall constitute the Audit Committee of the company:
(a) Dr. Udo Udo-Aka – Shareholder
(b) Mr. MOT Olayiwola Tobun – Shareholder
(c) Mr. Menyelum Mathias Adaba – Shareholder
(d) Mazi Emmanuel Kanu Ivi – Director
(e) AVM Olufemi Soewu (Rtd) – Director
(f) Chief Rufus A. Olashoju – Director
5. That the name of the company be changed from Abbey Building Society to Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc.